In this third foundational episode, we look at the roots of poverty. If we provide food, health, and education to people living in poverty, will we solve the problem? Or does poverty run deeper?
- Our understanding of how life works must be defined by God. (Romans 12:2)
- When we don’t listen to what God says about how life works, poverty happens somewhere. (Matthew 12:33-35)
- Our quality of life is based on the behaviors of ourselves and those around us, and those behaviors are ultimately rooted in beliefs and values.
- We must address the root causes of poverty—beliefs and values—in order to make lasting change.
- Before pointing fingers, American Christians should examine our own alignment to biblical values.
Mentioned in this episode: